At Corner of Love, we are aware that our actions can have an enormous impact where we serve in Nicaragua. With respect to donated items, it is often better to buy items in Nicaragua to promote the local economy or order critical medicines ourselves because we can purchase them for a fraction of the retail cost. For these reasons, we encourage giving financial gifts vs. donating items.
Team members and volunteers help us collect targeted items and financial donations. With these thoughts in mind, we have listed below the supplies that we DO accept.
Medicine & Clinic Supplies
- All types of unexpired over-the-counter & Rx meds
- Infants & Children Tylenol, Ibuprofen, Cough Syrup, etc.
- Multi-vitamins for infants, children, adults, seniors
- Anti-fungal creams, sprays, powders
- Yeast infection creams, such as Gyne-Lotrimin
- Lice and Scabies treatments
- All types of first-aid supplies
- Small medical instruments, such as BP cuffs, otoscopes, thermometers
- All types of dental hygiene items, such as toothbrushes, toothpaste, etc.
- All types of baby items, such as powder, diaper rash ointment, washcloths,
- Layette items (0-24 mos), pacifiers, diapers (no baby bottles or formula, please)
Items for Goodie Bags & Distribution
- All types of toddler items, such as small toys, clothing (1-4T)
- All types of hotel/trial size toiletries; such as shampoo, soap, lotion, etc. (larger sizes are also okay)
- All types of self-care items, such as mirrors, combs, nail clippers, etc.
- All types of school supplies, such as markers, crayons, construction paper
- New or gently used shoes for men, women, and children
- New or gently used clothing for men, women, and children
- Socks for men, women, and children
- Small toys, such as Happy Meal toys, Beanie Babies, etc.
- Spanish bibles and Christian books
- Spanish children’s books
- Baseball and soccer equipment and uniforms
Nicaraguan Operations Items
- All types of office supplies, such as staplers, calculators, new binders (Especially need standard size envelopes and letter-size paper in white and pastels)
- HP35A black cartridge for HP 1006 printer
- HP93 and HP 98 ink cartridges for HP D4155 printer
- Lexmark 100 black, cyan, magenta, and yellow cartridges for Lexmark Interpret S405 printer
- Large, black trash bags
- Ziplock bags in all sizes
- Food items for use in villages, such as powdered Gatorade, peanut butter, beef jerky, nuts
- 12/2 and 12/3 Romex Wire
- Rechargeable Ryobi flashlights and batteries
- Fine-tip and standard-tip Sharpie pens (black, any color)
Items We CANNOT Accept
- Bulky clothing, winter clothing, extra-extra large sizes (Adult XL is the largest size accepted)
- Pre-filled syringes with saline, heparin
- Bags or bottles of saline used to mix medications in syringes
- All types of tubing and catheter supplies
- Anti-depressant medications
- Expired medications of all types
All donations, whether in-kind or financial, are 100% tax-deductible in the U.S. (EIN No. 36-4612230)
If you have questions, contact your Team Leader or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In Washington it is best to speak with someone at our headquarters office before arriving to drop-off items.
You can also help provide necessary supplies by making a financial gift. Your gift towards family Sponsorships, Church Development, Healthcare or Education Programs will help us purchase needed items for children and families in Nicaragua.