Date(s) - June 4, 2017 - June 11, 2017
“SERVE” Mission To Nicaragua Week 1 – Colorado Chapter
June 4-11, 2017
Corner of Love invites you to participate in the special and rewarding work of medical-dental mission June 4-11.
This trip is open to all U.S. volunteers connected to our COLORADO CHAPTER. We expect 30-50 participants on this week and plan to bring mobile clinics to four impoverished villages and carry out clinics in rural churches and schools. We will likely serve as many as 1,500 Nicaraguans by offering numerous stations, like general med, foot care, pharmacy, clothing, prayer station, and more. One day of clinic will also be carried out at our own facility, Plaza de Bondad, on La Lima River in San Ramon.
As with every trip, we do NOT only need healthcare professionals, we ALSO NEED general volunteers who will help count pills and vitamins, organize the pharmacy, sort shoes and clothing donations, keep stats, and run the clinics. We have many jobs like taking height and weight, making goodie bags, and entertaining young children at village clinics that do not require healthcare knowledge.
Please help us spread the word about the June 4-11 Mission To Nicaragua. All are welcome! Tell your family and friends and come help us glorify God by serving families that survive on less than $1 per day in Northern Nicaragua.
- Medical Services: YES
- Eye Care: YES
- Dental Care: POSSIBLE
- Prayer Station: YES
- Open to Families With Minors: YES
- Clothing & Shoes Distribution: YES
- Service at New Facility (Plaza de Bondad): YES
ARRIVAL DAY: June 4– any flight arriving in Managua on this date
DEPARTURE DAY: June 11 – any flight departing on this date
On these dates a COL staff person or representative will meet you at the airport. COL staff may be inside the secure area of the airport (wearing a Corner of Love t-shirt so you can identify them) or waiting outside the glass doors where you will come out.
Please note that because our team members often arrive throughout the day, our staff may instruct you to wait at a nearby restaurant or hotel while we welcome additional participants who arrive after you. Kindly be prepared to spend the afternoon or evening standing-by while we welcome those who arrive after you. If this is asked of you, our staff will take you to the waiting place and you will have access to wi-fi, food, etc. You may want to bring a bit of extra funds to buy lunch or dinner there. Usually all flights are in by 9PM, at which time we pick up team members who are waiting, load the last travelers, and then depart for San Ramon. (Departure time may be earlier, depending on the travel schedules of team-members.)
If you arrive a day or more early we recommend staying at Camino Real (better hotel for resting) or Hilton Princess (better hotel for sightseeing) and prefer that we make the reservation for you. Please contact us so we can arrange your accommodations. You will be able to pay the hotel directly by cash or credit card.
If you depart after the scheduled “end date” you will be responsible for your own transportation and accommodations. If you need assistance with this please contact us.
On alternate dates a COL staff person or representative may or may not meet you at the airport. For this reason, less critical mission cargo is usually assigned to early travelers. (I.E. You will likely not carry meds or other prescription items that sometimes require our assistance to clear customs.) Approximately 3 to 7 days before you travel, we will email instructions on how to board the hotel’s shuttle and how we will connect with you.
Our team will depart to San Ramon on the Suggested Itinerary ARRIVAL DAY, usually at 9PM. Make sure to communicate with us about arriving early or staying past the end date.
Marcia Ellis, Debbie Balch, Jeff Balch, Steve & Deanna Smiley
We hope to have 30-50 team members. Please spread the word!
This trip is open to all U.S. volunteers connected with our COLORADO CHAPTER.
Nelson & Tanya Amador
- Please send your trip application and deposit before April. 30. After that, you may still sign up and join the team, but we will ask that the cargo assigned to you be less-critical items (such as toys and clothes, instead of medicine).
- Acquire your plane ticket
- Request a copy of the Team Handbook, sign Disclosure Set, return completed disclosures to the Corner of Love U.S. office.
- Seek tax-deductible donations for your trip cost ($1250 payable in the U.S., $100 payable in Nicaragua)
- Read all info under “GO TO NICARAGUA” section at corneroflove.org
- Speak with Jeff Balch or Marcia Ellis for pre-trip information and orientation (email@example.com). Team meetings will most likely be held in Colorado Springs beginning in March 2017.
- Pick up pre-packed mission cargo luggage (usually two suitcases or bins weighing 50lbs each) from COL Colorado Chapter.
- $1250 payable in the U.S
- $100 payable in Nicaragua
- $90 – $120 recommended spending money for entry visa, two dinners out, souvenirs
- Registration Contacts firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Mission Cargo (Luggage) Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Book Keeper/Team Funds Tracking: firstname.lastname@example.org
Forms & Links:
- Donate Towards This Trip
- Trip Application
- What To Bring List
- What’s Needed
- Small Handouts
- Special Diet Card
- Watch latest Video
Want To Help Raise Money For Corner of Love Projects?
If you would like to help fundraise for Corner of Love projects, such as the new water system that will serve our clinic and school at La Lima, or our U-12 Sports Complex with baseball and soccer fields, please use Corner of Love’s tax ID number 36-4612230 when soliciting tax-deductible contributions. Donations can be sent to:
Corner of Love
22142 SE 237th St. #100
Maple Valley, WA 98038