Date(s) - May 20, 2017 - May 27, 2017
Organizing Trip To Nicaragua
May 20-27, 2017
This trip is open to ALL who would like to help us organize the pharmacy and clinic. It is an OPEN REGISTRATION trip and anyone can join. We expect to serve five days at the new clinic and school and hope to have about ten participants, though many more would be welcome! Please help us spread the word and invite more to attend. We need many hands to get all the organizing done!
As part of this team, you’ll experience a week filled with life-changing volunteer service. Your help will directly benefit impoverished Nicaraguans in Northern villages near San Ramon, Matagalpa, most of whom survive on less than $50 U.S. per month for a large family. We’ll work to sort and stock medications, organize exam rooms, and set up the new Leadership School at Plaza de Bondad. Each day we’ll unpack supplies and refill teachers’ carts, count pills, and label items. (Clinics will not be held this week in order for our team to complete all the necessary organization tasks.)
For this trip we need many general volunteers. We always refer to these organizing teams as our angels! Please come and help!
- Organization Activities: YES
- Matagalpa Excursion: YES
- Pharmacy Re-Stock: YES
- Set-Up of New Leadership School: YES
- Open to Families With Minors: YES
- Clothing Distribution: YES
- Service at New Facility (Plaza de Bonded): YES
ARRIVAL DAY: May 20– any flight arriving in Managua on this date
DEPARTURE DAY: May 27 – any flight departing on this date
On these dates a COL staff person or representative will meet you at the airport. COL staff may be inside the secure area of the airport (wearing a Corner of Love t-shirt so you can identify them) or waiting outside the glass doors where you will come out.
Please note that because our team members often arrive throughout the day, our staff may instruct you to wait at a nearby restaurant or hotel while we welcome additional participants who arrive after you. Kindly be prepared to spend the afternoon or evening standing-by while we welcome those who arrive after you. If this is asked of you, our staff will take you to the waiting place and you will have access to wi-fi, food, etc. You may want to bring a bit of extra funds to buy lunch or dinner there. Usually all flights are in by 9PM, at which time we pick up team members who are waiting, load the last travelers, and then depart for San Ramon. (Departure time may be earlier, depending on the travel schedules of team-members.)
If you arrive a day or more early we recommend staying at Camino Real (better hotel for resting) or Hilton Princess (better hotel for sightseeing) and prefer that we make the reservation for you. Please contact us so we can arrange your accommodations. You will be able to pay the hotel directly by cash or credit card.
If you depart after the scheduled “end date” you will be responsible for your own transportation and accommodations. If you need assistance with this please contact us.
On alternate dates a COL staff person or representative may or may not meet you at the airport. For this reason, less critical mission cargo is usually assigned to early travelers. (I.E. You will likely not carry meds or other prescription items that sometimes require our assistance to clear customs.) Approximately 3 to 7 days before you travel, we will email instructions on how to board the hotel’s shuttle and how we will connect with you.
Our team will depart to San Ramon on the Suggested Itinerary ARRIVAL DAY, usually at 9PM. Make sure to communicate with us about arriving early or staying past the end date.
Tanya Amador email@example.com
Size: We hope to have 10+ team members. Please spread the word!
This is an OPEN REGISTRATION trip. Anyone may join the team.
Nelson & Tanya Amador
- Please send your trip application and deposit before May 10. After that, you may still sign up and join the team, but we will ask that the cargo assigned to you be less-critical items (such as toys and clothes, instead of medicine)
- Acquire your plane ticket
- Request a copy of the Team Handbook, sign Disclosure Set, return completed disclosures to the Corner of Love U.S. office.
- Seek tax-deductible donations for your trip cost ($1250 payable in the U.S., $100 payable in Nicaragua)
- Read all info under “GO TO NICARAGUA” section at corneroflove.org
- Speak with Nelson & Tanya Amador for pre-trip information.
- Pick up pre-packed mission cargo luggage (usually two suitcases or bins weighing 50lbs each) from Corner of Love’s Chapter Office located in Maple Valley, WA (behind 7-11) or contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are outside Washington State. (Those outside of Washington will be asked to collect items from the What’s Needed list and each pack two 50b suitcases with supplies for our Nicaragua clinic.
- $1250 payable in the U.S
- $100 payable in Nicaragua
- $90 – $120 recommended spending money for entry visa, two dinners out, souvenirs
- Registration Contact: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mission Cargo (Luggage) Contact: email@example.com
- Book Keeper/Team Funds Tracking: firstname.lastname@example.org
Forms & Links:
- Donate Towards This Trip
- Trip Application
- What To Bring List
- What’s Needed
- Small Handouts
- Special Diet Card
- Watch latest Video
Want To Help Raise Money For Corner of Love Projects?
If you would like to help fundraise for Corner of Love projects, such as the new water system that will serve our clinic and school at La Lima, or our U-12 Sports Complex with baseball and soccer fields, please use Corner of Love’s tax ID number 36-4612230 when soliciting tax-deductible contributions. Donations can be sent to:
Corner of Love
22142 SE 237th St. #100
Maple Valley, WA 98038