Date(s) - May 21, 2017 - May 28, 2017
OPEN WEEK (Open Registration)
May 21-28, 2017
This week is open for scheduling. If you would like to reserve this week for your group OR are interested in attending this week individually, please fill out this request form.
- Medical Services: YES
- Eye Care: POSSIBLE
- Dental Care: POSSIBLE
- Clothing Distribution: YES
- Shoes Distribution: YES
- Athletic Games/Village Children’s Activities: POSSIBLE
ARRIVAL DAY: May 21, 2017 – any flight arriving in Managua on this date
DEPARTURE DAY: May 28, 2017 – any flight departing on this date
On these dates a COL staff person or representative will meet you at the airport. COL staff may be inside the secure area of the airport (wearing a Corner of Love t-shirt so you can identify them) or waiting outside the glass doors where you will come out.
Please note that because our team members often arrive throughout the day, our staff may instruct you to wait at a nearby restaurant or hotel while we welcome additional participants who arrive after you. Kindly be prepared to spend the afternoon or evening standing-by while we welcome those who arrive after you. If this is asked of you, our staff will take you to the waiting place and you will have access to wi-fi, food, etc. You may want to bring a bit of extra funds to buy lunch or dinner there. Usually all flights are in by 9PM, at which time we pick up team members who are waiting, load the last travelers, and then depart for San Ramon. (Departure time may be earlier, depending on the travel schedules of team-members.)
If you arrive a day or more early we recommend staying at Camino Real (better hotel for resting) or Hilton Princess (better hotel for sightseeing) and prefer that we make the reservation for you. Please contact us so we can arrange your accommodations. You will be able to pay the hotel directly by cash or credit card.
If you depart after the scheduled “end date” you will be responsible for your own transportation and accommodations. If you need assistance with this please contact us.
On alternate dates a COL staff person or representative may or may not meet you at the airport. For this reason, less critical mission cargo is usually assigned to early travelers. (I.E. You will likely not carry meds or other prescription items that sometimes require our assistance to clear customs.) Approximately 3 to 7 days before you travel, we will email instructions on how to board the hotel’s shuttle and how we will connect with you.
Our team will depart to San Ramon on the Suggested Itinerary ARRIVAL DAY, usually at 9PM. Make sure to communicate with us about arriving early or staying past the end date.
To be determined.
We can accommodate up to 100 people.
Minimum group sizes:
Sept, Oct, Nov: 8 volunteers
Dec: 25 volunteers
Jan, Feb, Mar: 16 volunteers
Apr, May: 10 volunteers
June, July: 16 volunteers
Aug: 18 volunteers
This week has not yet been scheduled. Until it is booked, it is OPEN TO ALL for sign-up. (OPEN REGISTRATION)
Nelson & Tanya Amador
- Please send your trip application and deposit upon sign-up.
- Acquire your plane ticket
- Request a copy of the Team Handbook, sign the Disclosure Set, return completed disclosures to email@example.com
- Pay for your trip cost. ($1250 payable in the U.S., $100 payable in Nicaragua.) Most individuals make an initial deposit of $375. All team members may seek tax-deductible donations towards their $1250 individual cost.
- Read all info under “GO TO NICARAGUA” section at corneroflove.org
- Contact Tanya & Nelson Amador for pre-trip information and orientation. firstname.lastname@example.org
- If in Washington State: Pick up pre-packed mission cargo luggage (usually two suitcases or bins weighing 50lbs each) from Corner of Love’s Maple Valley, WA office. Contact email@example.com to arrange your pick up time. If outside Washington State, collect items (See “What’s Needed”) and pack in two pieces of cargo luggage for transport to Nicaragua.
- $1250 payable in the U.S
- $100 payable in Nicaragua
- $90 – $120 recommended spending money for entry visa, two dinners out, souvenirs
- Registration Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mission Cargo (Luggage) Contact: email@example.com
- Book Keeper/Team Funds Tracking: firstname.lastname@example.org
Forms & Links:
- Donate Towards This Trip
- Trip Application
- What To Bring List
- What’s Needed
- Small Handouts
- Special Diet Card
- Watch latest Video
Want To Help Raise Money For Corner of Love Projects?
If you would like to help fundraise for Corner of Love projects, such as construction of our Water Center, please use Corner of Love’s tax ID number 36-4612230 when soliciting tax deductible contributions. Donations can be sent to:
Corner of Love
22142 SE 237th St. #100
Maple Valley, WA 98038